Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Back to Writing

http://myparentingideas.blogspot.com/2010/02/very-sad.html This was written February 13th.. I really haven't been around much since then.

I've actually missed blogging and hope I'm now back :) I've also missed reading all of your blogs and keeping up with what's happening in your lives.

So, here's today's question. How do you help your kids cope with stress? We all feel stressed from time to time and show that stress in different ways.

As I mom I have two things I want to do. One is I want to remember my kids are feeling stressed today and back off a bit. Two I'd like to offer them ideas and suggestions to help relieve the stress they're feeling.

What's your strategy when your kids are stressed?

Audrey :)

2 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

I have one daughter in particular who has a lot of anxiety. We work on recognizing the stress (I think it helps to realize what's going on) and breathing techniques. She's been involved in dance a LOT this year and it has helped tremendously. From that, I believe that physical exercize really really helps.

Corrie Howe said...

We've discovered that our teenager is clinically depressed. I'm hoping to find the answers myself. I don't want to make it worse, but on the other hand, he's not doing the things the doctors and counselors have told him either and it effects the entire family, not just him.