Thursday, March 18, 2010

Swimming

My daughter came out of her room today in her bathing suit. Yes, our temps were in the 80's today. Can you believe it? Do your kids know how to swim? At what age did they learn? My oldest daughter took swimming lessons quite young. My younger daughter didn't learn until she was 7 or 8. I took swimming lessons all through my teen years, actually passing the lifeguard courses offered. Today's weather really made me think of summer and swimming pools.

Audrey :)

4 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

All of my children can swim except for my youngest, who just turned 5 and really should know how. We haven't done swimming lessons for the last 2 summers because we've been so busy but I'd like to this summer. The oldest kids have had a lot of lessons. It's a very important skill to have!

Corrie Howe said...

My kids all have gotten lessons at different ages. But they have all gotten swimming lessons since my grandfather drowned. My mom has taken them to lessons if she has them for a week at a time.

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm a terrible swimmer, but my husband is from Hawaii and loves the water. I'm thinking our daughter should learn to swim ASAP.

JennRawks said...

stumbled to your blog from themomblogs! great blog!

we're new to swimming pools...we now have one in our backyard. next up is swimming lessons!!

i was really freaked about the pool at first but now its neither here nor there and the girls are adjusting great. but we have 4 locks on the sliding doors lol