Monday, March 1, 2010

Chicken Pox

Did you have the chicken pox as a child? Have your kids had chicken pox? Have your kids been vaccinated against chicken pox?

I had them as a child. My oldest daughter had them at about age 6. At the time I was pregnant and petrified. I did not know how a fetus exposed to chicken pox would affect the unborn baby. I was at both the obstetrician's office and the pediatrician's office. Everyone reassured me my baby would be fine. I chose not to vaccinate her against the chicken pox. She got them when she was about 5 or 6. We had a party with friends over and the next day she had them. Sure enough the other kids got them a week later.

What's your chicken pox story?

Audrey :)

2 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

I had chicken pox, but I don't remember. Now I'm afraid of getting shingles.

Liz Mays said...

I had them in middle school and I remember that they were absolutely awful, really, really bad!!!!