Friday, April 17, 2009

Babysitters

Do you hire babysitters? Do you and your significant other take the time to go out without kids? I was probably one of the luckiest people. When the kids were super young my mom lived nearby and she watched the kids for us. When we moved here to Santa Barbara, my daughters old preschool aid moved up here to attend school. When my husband and I would go out, she would come watch the kids. He and I even were able to go away for weekends and she'd stay with the kids.

If you have older kids, do you allow them to babysit? Are they CPR trained and emergency trained?

I have allowed both of my girls to babysit, but only if I'm available should an emergency arise. One of my daughters is CPR trained the other is not.

Would love to hear your thoughts on using babysitters and allowing your own children to babysit.

Audrey :)

5 comments:

Serendipityissweet said...

Unfortunately we hardly ever go out. We rarely have a babysitter. My sister is not too far away and will watch the kids on occasion but, I feel guilty asking her. I save that for "must do" occasions. We have 3 kids so I feel like it's a big deal to ask someone to watch all three (7 and under). And it is tough these days to find someone to trust.

Deb said...

My oldest is 12 and we have just started to leave him with his two younger siblings. He is a scout and has all of his CPR and first aid training. Sometimes work better than others--they are siblings, afterall. Mostly we make sure they have a good movie to watch.

shunee said...

We do not go out EVER. I wish we could,but unfortunately our kids are far too young. I only let my family or his mother watch the kids,if we want to go out.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say what a great blog you have
Oh by the way I am glad I stumbled across your blog.

I wanted to invite you to a message board for moms.
http://www.chatterscene.com

Heatherlyn said...

CPR training is kind of a joke for kids. In fact, the newest info says that if someone needs CPR just call 911!

I don't trust baby sitters. Really. So ... we have a couple of adult family friends who also have kids and our kids can go play at their house and sometimes their kids come to our house. I really feel more comfortable with adults.

Our kids are finally old enough that if we want to run down the street to the grocery store and are gone for a short time they can watch themselves. It's very nice. But they do know how to contact us and how to contact 911 if there were an emergency.