Sunday, May 24, 2009

Quotable Sunday

Toni at A Daily Dose of Toni hosts Quotable Sunday each Sunday. I'd like to share some parenting quotes with you:

The most important thing that parents can teach their children is how to get along without them. Frank A. Clark

Parents need to fill a child's bucket of self-esteem so high that the rest of the world can't poke enough holes to drain it dry. Alvin Price

Children Learn What They Live - Dorothy Law Neite

If a child lives with criticism, he learns to condemn.
If a child lives with hostility, he learns to fight.
If a child lives with ridicule, he learns to be shy.
If a child learns to feel shame, he learns to feel guilty.
If a child lives with tolerance, he learns to be patient.
If a child lives with encouragement, he learns confidence.
If a child lives with praise, he learns to appreciate.
If a child lives with fairness, he learns justice.
If a child lives with security, he learns to have faith.
If a child lives with approval, he learns to like himself.
If a child lives with acceptance and friendship, he learns to find love in the world.

Audrey :)

9 comments:

Becca said...

I love that last thing. Children are so impressionable and we always have to remember that!

Unknown said...

I have always loved that poem, thanks for sharing it today!

Stacy Uncorked said...

I love this one:

Parents need to fill a child's bucket of self-esteem so high that the rest of the world can't poke enough holes to drain it dry. Alvin Price

It's so true!! And I also LOVE the list by Dorothy Law Neite...also very true! :)

Hope you're enjoying your weekend! :)

Unknown said...

I love the last one and it is so true. My kids have great self esteem they do not care what anyone thinks about them and they will tell you that. TFS

Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day.

CynthiaK said...

Those are great. Thank you for sharing!

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, this is fantastic! I'm afraid to say, it reminded me of some of my childhood and explained some of my weaknesses!

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! Hope you're enjoying your Memorial Day weekend!

Heatherlyn said...

My grandmother lived by the sentiments of your quotes and she was an amazing person to be around. I remember this often and hope it makes a difference as I'm raising my own kids!

Kelly L said...

This is a great saying!

Kelly
http://www.ivebecomemymother.com

Polly said...

Audrey,


Love your blog!

Thank you for the follow. I didn't have Facebook so I subscribed to get daily updates in my email through your blog.

Polly