Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday's In My City

Unknown Mami

I love stopping by Unknown Mami every Sunday. She hosts a great meme, where everyone shares photos of their city.

I love to walk. So yesterday while out walking, I took photos of what I typically see on my walks.'


We live right by a school. So as we go out to the main street you can see the high school.



We hear sirens often at night. Thankfully we follow the local fire station on Twitter and so we know where they've been dispatched to.


We had never tired this coffee house, so we intentionally walked this way so we could grab a hot beverage at the half way mark.


Coming home we went a different route and one of the things that is cute is this bridge. We have several walking paths here and I've always loved bridges.



Whenever we walk by this tree, I always smile. I don't know who lives in the house, but i love the tree.

And those are the sites I see as I walk through not only my town, by my neighborhood.

Audrey :)

15 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Thanks for the little tour and like you, I love that tree!

Unknown said...

What a sweet little town Audrey! I LOVE that you can follow your firestation on twitter. I don't know if we have that option. Plus, I have NO idea how to twitter. It confuses the heck out of me!

Lori said...

Audrey, I want to walk in your town too! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

I've visited Santa Barbara *once* on holiday when unfortunately we could only spare one day. It looks like such a pretty town and I'd definitely like to come back.

I love, love, love that cloud pruned tree! I'd have a go at doing that but I think it's quite a skill and so I fear I'd ruin a perfectly good shrub! :D

Sonya said...

Loved your walk!! They have coffee places all over this country but not nearly as cool looking as this one!

Twincerely,Olga said...

beautiful!!!Thanks for sharing!

Multiple personalities.. said...

That tree made me smile too! :-) You must have so much fun on your walks, because those pics are great. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my blog for Sundays in Our Cities! :-)

Corrie Howe said...

That's really cool that you can follow your fire department on Twitter. I'm envious that you don't have a foot of snow on the ground.

Erin said...

Looks like a beautiful walk you get to take everyday!

That tree is so interesting!

Lisa said...

Thank you for taking us on a walk with you. It was very nice:)

Thank you for sharing your city.

Lisa said...

It is a nice reminder to know not everyone is covered in snow in February. ;) Thanks for that!

Traci said...

I love the bridge!

Thanks for stopping by during my rough time. You are always so supportive. There is an award waiting for you on my blog. :-)

Traci
38andgrowing.blogspot.com

Claudya Martinez said...

That bridge is so cute! How was the coffee place?

Anonymous said...

I love that true, love the tour article! Thanks for sharing this :-) Have a terrific Thursday!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Looks like a beautiful place to walk, especially since it does not look cold or snowy at all!

Your fire station is on twitter? Love that!