Saturday, February 13, 2010

Very Sad

My daughter wrote the most amazing post. I thought I would just share her post here today:

A 21-year old from my town, Santa Barbara, was hit and killed by a drunk driver in Rhode Island at about 2 am this morning. He was a freshman at Brown University. He started college late because he had been serving in the Israeli Army for the last 3 years.

This was some of the worst news I could have woken up to this morning, and our whole community is just devastated. Avi was one of the nicest, most amazing people you could have ever met.

So this post is dedicated to his honor. You'll be missed Avi Schaefer.

It was me who woke my two daughters yesterday morning to tell them this horrible news. Both of my daughters knew him. He and his parents have been a part of our lives for many years. My heart broke yesterday, truly broke. As we've all asked his mom what we can do her answer has been consistant...hug each other. So I've spent the last 24 hour hugging all those whose lives were touched by this amazing young man.

As my daughter said....You'll be missed Avi Schaefer.

Audrey

9 comments:

Sheilacakes said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss. That is such a sad and tragic thing. Thank you for the reminder to hug our loved ones.

Shannon said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I am praying for his family and yours and hugging my family.

Heatherlyn said...

My deepest sympathy for your loss. This is a tragedy. I will for sure hug my family today.

Lizzie said...

A loss like this is so tragic. I'm sorry.

Brandy said...

I'm so sorry for everyone's loss =(

Liz Mays said...

I'm so terribly sorry!

Traci said...

Oh dear. I shall be praying for you, your beautiful caring, children and Avi's family. What a terrible tragedy.

I'm truly sorry from my heart.

Stephanie said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Strength and hugs to all of you.

Claudya Martinez said...

I didn't even know him and I'm crying. I am so sorry. What a tremendous loss!