Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Your Lap

I was reading an article about children sitting in your lap. The article spoke of the parent realizing "oh no, my child is too big for my lap."

Have you had a child outgrow your lap? If so, do you remember it happening?

My kids are 7 years apart. Basically pre second pregnancy, I was still holding my daughter and she was on my lap. After her sister was born, she was 7 years old and had basically outgrown being picked up and being on my lap.

What about your lap and your kids?

Audrey :)

4 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

My kids enjoy being carried around and sitting on my lap. However, 7 really is the limit for lap sitting because the child just gets too big. I still carry my 6 year-old upstairs from time to time because she loves it so. But she doesn't weigh very much.

Nancy C said...

Both boys want to be on my lap, so to have a better perch to wrestle with each other.

Bless their little knuckleheaded hearts.

Corrie Howe said...

My 5'11" 17-year-old would still be a lap boy if he fit. Sometimes I sit in his lap just to freak him out. My 7 and 9 year olds still like to cuddle up in the laps too.

Anonymous said...

Do you know what? If my daughters wanted to sit in my lap today, we'd manage it somehow. They're 21 and 25! ...Can never get too many cuddles, no matter how old they become. :)