Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Daddy's Girl

When I look at old photos of me, I'm often with my dad. These photos were all taken before I was about 7 or 8 years old. After that, I was not a daddy's girl anymore. When I talk to some of my friends, even as adults they are still very much daddy's girls.

I have two daughters of my own. While both of my girls love their dad, neither of them are what I would call "daddy's girls"

What about you? Were you or are you a "daddy's girl?" What about your own children? Are the girls "daddy's girls?"

Audrey :)

5 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

I was a Daddy's girl for sure.

My own girls and I have three are a pretty good balance. They love their Dad. But they seem to love me, too. None of the kids really strongly favors either of us.

Nancy C said...

My boys are all about Daddy. It's bittersweet, raising sons. They should want to be like Daddy, but I still want them close, too.

Traci said...

I was like you. I started out a major Daddy's girl but as puberty changed me, it seemed to change our relationship. I hope that doesn't happen with my daughter. Right now, she has a very special relationship with her Daddy and I will be sad to see that change.
:-)

Corrie Howe said...

My children are pretty balanced too. However, all of them definitely have daddy wrapped around their fingers. But so does Mommy.

Angela said...

My dad wasn't always the best, but for sure I was and still am daddy's girl.

My 2 daughters are daddy's girls too. My youngest especially. My son also fits the stereotypical mommas boy.