Sunday, December 13, 2009

Enjoy Your Childrens Uniqueness

Each and every child is unique in their own way. Even twins are unique. I know a few sets of identical twins, yet each of the twins is unique enough that we're able to tell them apart.

As parents it's so important that we support our children's uniqueness and personal interests. I have two girls. One loved band in high school, the other loved theater. One is very clothes conscious, the other is not. One loves to watch football on t.v., the other not so much. The differences go on and on.

I remember the day my daughter said to me "Mom remind me why we don't like Company ABC" I had to chuckle as it's so true that as parents we often unconsciously pass along our own beliefs and thoughts to our children.

We need to support our children in having their own personal preferences and feelings, which may be different from our own.

I love my relationships with both of my daughters. It does take constant work from all of us to respect and honor the uniqueness in each of us.

Audrey :)

2 comments:

Liz Mays said...

My two kids are like night and day. I'm glad they're boy and girl though. I think if they were the same sex, I would have accidentally compared the two of them.

Heatherlyn said...

My kids have a lot of similarities and also a lot of personality differences. It makes life fun and interesting. :)