Sunday, June 7, 2009

Quotable Sunday



Toni at A Daily Dose of Toni hosts Quotable Sunday each Sunday.

I'd like to share some parenting quotes with you:

Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.-- Charles R. Swindoll

If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders.-- Abigail Van Buren

When You Thought I Wasn't Looking

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you hang up my first painting on the refrigerator, and I wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you feed a stray cat, and I thought it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make my favorite cake for me, and I knew that little things are special things.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I heard you say a prayer, and I believed there is a God I could always talk to.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I felt you kiss me goodnight, and I felt loved.When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw that you cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I LOOKED....and wanted to say thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking.

I don't know who wrote this last one, but it reminds us that our children really do see what we're doing throughout our days.

Audrey :)

15 comments:

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I love the "When You Thought I Wasn't Looking". Our little kiddos really do pay attention to everything we do! Thanks so much for sharing...I notice we both have the parenting theme going on. Great minds think alike!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Unknown said...

Oh my, the When You Though I Wasn't Looking was so great I just printed it an hung it over my desk.
Thank you for the the great quotes today!

Carma Sez said...

that is the sweetest poem-- and so true!

human being said...

wow these are great!
reading them, i feel i want to be even a better mom...

(this means i'm a good mom now!!!)
:D



thansk for sharing them...

love

Kekibird said...

Wow that was powerful. The whole idea that our kids see everything even when we don't realize it is amazing and really makes me want to straighten up those areas of my life that need work.

Thanks for sharing, happy Sunday!

Rhonda Gales said...

Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children. This is so true. My grandson is watching everything his dad does. Soon he will be repeating everything he says.

I just had this conversation with my daughter, be careful what you say and do with him. Thanks for sharing.

Becca said...

It is so true that when you give a child responsibility, you make them live up to it! :)

Stacy Uncorked said...

Oh I absolutely love "When You Thought I Wasn't Looking" - that is perfect! And so true...Princess Nagger has always amazed us with her sponge like absorption to things when we think she's not paying attention... ;)

Enjoy your Sunday! :)

Banteringblonde said...

great quotes! someone sent that last one to me awhile ago... really great!

Anonymous said...

That last one is really, really good! It's true cuz when mine mimick me in every way - even the bad ways.

Unknown said...

So true. Our children see everything we do--the good and the bad...and we are their examples to follow!! I know what you're saying about the pet hair!! We used to have a dog (he has passed away) and now we just have a cat...but sometimes I am amazed at just how much pet hair you find! Thanks for coming by!

Heatherlyn said...

I especially like the first two. We are working on them in our home right now!

B said...

Love those two quotations, and I totally agree with the second one 100%.

CynthiaK said...

Thanks for those great quotes. The "When you thought I wasn't looking" piece was a reminder how much those wee eyes really do notice.

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

That is really sweet. :)