Sunday, June 14, 2009

Quotable Sunday



Toni at A Daily Dose of Toni hosts Quotable Sunday each Sunday.

In previous weeks I've shared multiple quotes, but today I found one quote that I felt was so profound I just wanted to share the one:

Don't do anything you wouldn't teach your children to do.

How many times as parents do we make a decision that we know we'd never approve of our own children making? How many times as parents do we tell just a small white lie, yet our children might be punished for telling a lie?

Share your thoughts on this quote. It's something I really need to continue to remember each and every day.

Audrey :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the quote. Although we as parents and adults choose dumb decisons also. Have a wonderful day!

Design It Chic said...

This quote is so cool! It makes you think! Thanks!
Oh and thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! Feel free to come back anytime!
Happy Sunday Audrey

Jennifer said...

Definitely a quote to live by!

Stacy Uncorked said...

That quote is so very true... Too many people do the 'do as I say, don't do as I do'... :)

Enjoy your Sunday! :)

Unknown said...

That is a great quote to remember everyday! Thank you so much for sharing it!

I am Harriet said...

Great quote and so very true!

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/06/sunday-is-cool.html

Martha said...

That is an awesome quote, and I try and remember it each and every day, but it is hard!

Heatherlyn said...

I don't know. I try to be very consistent. Kids are pretty smart. They figure things out about their parents, usually. So there is no sense in pretending to be someone we are not with our kids. We ought to just live the way we'd like them to live.