Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mom Time Outs

What do you do to get a bit of alone time?

I have always tried to get up before the kids so that I have time to check email and just be alone as I start my day.

There are so many ways to get a few hours here and there:

1. ask the other parent to watch the kids for an hour, twice a week
2. swap kids with another mom a few hours each week
3. join a gym that offers day care and enjoy a work out a few times per week
4. have your kids take part in the weekly library reading. Although you need to be there, you can invest the 30 minutes reading for yourself.

What are other suggestions and ideas you have for finding a few hours a week to enjoy something on your own?

Audrey :)

4 comments:

Corrie Howe said...

I'm fortunate that my kids are all in school during the day, so I have six or so hours to myself. It's nice. Only took ten years to reach this point.

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Great ideas for busy parents!

Heatherlyn said...

Bed time! I never felt a real need for time out from my kids on a regular basis. And now that most of the kids are in school most of the year I automatically get time outs. Time with kids is actually very short; they grow up so quickly. I rather valued my time with my kids. You have good suggestions for parents who might want more time out though!

Liz Mays said...

My kids are older so I have tons of alone time. But the dark hours of the early morning are my favorite.