Monday, November 16, 2009

Yelling at Kids

I was shopping downtown last week. There were two women, walking and talking. They had a boy about age 6 or 7 with them. I passed by these women as I was walking up the street. About 20 minutes later as I was walking back toward my car I passed the same women and boy. They too were now going the opposite direction. One of the women was yelling at the boy to behave.

This poor kid was bored to tears. I have no idea how long the two women were talking and walking leaving the kid to trail behind. I do know it was a minimum 20 minutes.

My thoughts are a babysitter should have been hired or another child should've come along to entertain the little boy. I really felt bad for him getting yelled at when he was just bored to tears.

What do you think?

Audrey :)

4 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

Um ... sometimes I drag my kids along to things and I'm sure my little 4 year-old is pretty bored but I still expect him to behave. Yelling at him though? Not so much. I'm not a yeller. I don't like yelling. I'm also not a huge fan of lecturing kids in public.

Liz Mays said...

It always makes me cringe whenever I see situations like that in public.

Corrie Howe said...

This is sad; unfortunately, I can't say that I haven't done this myself...not the yelling part, but getting caught up in a conversation.

Anonymous said...

I always have to drag my kids along with me. But I do try to keep them entertained somehow.